As a Business owner or Manager, you more than likely know the products or services of your business VERY well. In fact it may be the reason you went into business in the first place. You were very good at your job working for someone else and you thought, hey why don’t I start my own business.
It’s as good a reason as any to start your own business and guarantee that quality service and products bring consistency and repeat business.
The challenge with starting businesses this way is that many business owners and managers find the financial management of a business difficult to get their head around.
Sure you’ve got a bookkeeper, but all they do is process the receipts and “balance the books”; they don’t seem to provide any detailed analysis that you need to know to run your business.
You might have tried speaking to your accountant about it, but they seem to start charging you money the second they answer the phone when you call and can get carried away with jargon or solely focus on tax minimisation.
What big business has that is a key to their success and that many small to medium businesses don’t is a person in their business who is dedicated to:
- Monitoring the business financials on a regular basis
- Setting up budgets and allowing for changes in market conditions
- Providing critical information to Operational Managers so that they can then in turn maximise gross profit and shift the focus of sales staff into high margin products and services
- Provide critical analysis of expenditure and its direct relationship to income production (or lack thereof!)
- Recognise and PLAN for trends in spending or income so that the organisation isn’t caught short with unexpected bills
- Report to Management in plain English (Not “Accountanese”) on a regular basis about the things that are important to their particular business e.g. how the business is progressing against planned activities to achieve optimum performance/growth and to “adjust the sails” for changes in business conditions.
- That is where Australian Business Breakthroughs can help YOU. By offering these services on a consultancy basis, we help to bring you peace of mind with your business finances so that you can focus on what you do best, run your business.
We have a range of services that would be cost effective for any size business, just call to talk to us and we can help you improve your business now, not at the end of the year or the month when your Accountant or Bookkeeper has your accounts finalised.